(Welcome, The Who)
I’m just gonna do this quick-hit style. I love this stuff, but I’m tired.
1. Thanks, writers. It was worth the wait. As excited as I was for Sun and Jin to finally find each other on The Island, when it happened last night I didn’t see it coming at all. Maybe I was expecting more of a buildup, but as soon as they saw each other, well, let’s just say, maybe somebody was chopping onions in the hotel room next to mine.
2. When Sun and Locke were being wheeled into the hospital at the same time in Los Angeles, and Sun recognized Locke and was afraid of him, that completely freaked me out.
3. Speaking of the hospital, that’s where it’s all going down. Everybody is either there already or (likely) on their way. Jack, Locke, Sun, Jin, Ben are all there. Claire is most likely going into labor soon, and since she’s with Desmond, he’ll offer to take her. Sawyer just picked up Sayid, and something could easily go wrong with that scenario, so they might end up there as well. (Rose has terminal cancer, so she and Bernard could end up there, too.) Charlie could OD or something. Kate and Hurley need a reason, though. What is going to bring Kate and Hurley to the hospital?
4. There’s no way in hell Sayid killed Desmond. I’m just putting that out there, in case anyone had other ideas.
5. I really can’t stand the dirty Tina Fey. Mainly because she’s not Tina Fey. I really like Tina Fey.
6. The scene with Jack and Locke at the beginning of the episode was awesome, but I do have one problem with it. Nobody on this show ever, and I mean EVER asks questions that should be so obvious to ask. Yet Jack thinks to ask Locke, “Who else have you looked like?” No way. I mean, I guess they needed that discussion to reach that point pretty quickly, or else that scene could have lasted 30 minutes, but there is NO way Jack thinks to ask that to Locke after talking to him for literally a minute.
7. Locke to Jack at the end of the episode: “You’re with me now.” God, I hope not. That would pretty much blow all of my theories straight to smithereens. I think Jack rises above. But that scene after the explosion, when his hearing was muted, was exactly like the pilot episode when he woke up and saw parts of the plane burning on the beach! I was freaking out!! (I hate watching this show by myself in hotels!!)
8. There is no 8. I just didn’t want to end on 7. 7 seems like a strange number to end on.
Next week, kids. See you then.